Okay, here's where we started:
My new found love are these vinyl stick tiles. Weighing in at only $0.69 per square foot. So easy. No mess. So cheap. So easy. Did I mention easy?
Because the commode and vanity had to be removed In order to do the floors, we went ahead and decided to update those as well.
Demolition day. Ripped that vanity off the wall and was never so happy to be so exhausted.
Before you can begin installing the floor, it must be clean as a whistle in order to stick. After several mops with no luck, I poured paint stripper over the entire floor.
Knocked the floor out in no time. But the tone/style of the tiles (not my first choice but within my landlord's budget) desperately warranted a change of wall color. Instantly I knew I wanted to go for a slate blue.
Not ten seconds into looking at the wall color choices, I landed on Behr's Dark Winter Sky Blue.
I also decided to rip out the old, rusted medicine cabinet. Good riddance.
Instead of purchasing new light fixtures, I simply painted the old ones.
This was a terribly lonely hour:
There was also this questionable shelf above the commode, which had been painted over and over approximately 17,000 times. Had to go.
I made a new floating shelf, which really freshened it up.
If I were the owner and it were my choice, I would have opted for a larger vanity; there is plenty space for one. However, because it's not very big, I utilized other options for storage.
There are still a few things I need to address:
I'd like to give the door another fresh coat of white paint.
I'm still undecided (mostly tired) on whether I should paint (yet again) the top portion of the wall space.
And the boring wall space to the left of the floating shelf needs a little something, likely a set of multiple small art pieces/mirrors.
Minor detail, but I switched out the old [painted over] brass knobs on the door for glass ones. Class up the joint.
I'm really pleased with the way it's turned out.
Happy Drilljoying, and Stay Fresh,